The session will cover:
- 45min classroom type presentation covering pre-ride prep.
- Snowpack assessment and decision making.
- Safe movement and riding in avalanche areas.
- Hands-on, on-snow avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe training.
- Being prepared in case something goes wrong.
Who is it for?
MountainSafe is for anyone who is interested in furthering their riding by venturing off piste within resort boundaries, the side country and backcountry. Whether it is in the Australian alpine environment or overseas. Our message is simple; if you don’t know, don’t go. Make sure you’re prepared this winter.
MountainSafe sessions will be held throughout the 2017 season at Mt Buller Alpine Resort. Each session will run for 3.5 hours starting at 9am.
20120 MountainSafe session dates to be advised
Custom sessions can be organised on request with a minimum of 4 participants required to run a session.
What you need:
MountainSafe will provide an avalanche beacon, shovel and probe to use on the day of the course. You will need:
- ski or snowboard gear
- a valid resort lift ticket
The cost of the session is $225 per person. (This cost does not include the cost of your lift ticket).
Every MountainSafe session helps fund local community and alpine environment initiatives to care for our environment and each other.
- MountainSafe is everybody’s priority! By actively promoting MountainSafe, you will associate your brand/business with a community based alpine safety program and promote safe riding and movement in avalanche terrain.
- Spread the word! Follow Mountain Safe on Facebook and Instagram and show your support using the hashtags #mountainsafe #dontknowdontgo.
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bemountainsafe/
- For Instagram – @mountainsafe